Monday, October 21, 2013

Birthday Wishes

I turned 35 yesterday. Which seems a little... monumental. Some days I can't believe this life I'm leading.

Do I have to keep my past birthday wishes a secret? If they came true? No... right? Probably not. So I'll let you in on one of them: when I turned 30 I blew out my candles and wished for a family. I already had Matt (thank goodness!) now it finally felt like time to grow. And for some reason that silent wish made over some fancy dessert felt a little scary.

That wish was a leap of faith, because I didn't quite know what life as a Mama would look like. And boy does it look different. In 5 short years my life got flipped upside down. But in the best way possible. I gained not 1 but 2 (!) daughters who are c-o-n-s-t-a-n-t-l-y vying for my attention. While exhausting, yes, I still pinch myself as I fall asleep at night that this is MY life. Having two little girls take turns climbing into my lap the moment the other one gets distracted and rolls out. How lucky am I?!

I often complain that we don't have any sweetly posed pics of all 3 of us. But I'm beginning to see these candids as the real gems.

The moments captured are blurry, but that's an accurate reflection of our lives these days. Days that are exhausting, yet completely satisfying. In many ways the past 5 years have been a blur, it all happened so fast. Yet so perfectly.

Guess birthday wishes do come true. So I'll keep mine from this year a secret... for now ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment