Saturday, May 8, 2010

Mother's Day


With my due date 2 weeks away (!), I assumed I would be waiting until 2011 to celebrate my first Mother's Day. But thanks to some amazing friends and family, I was reminded several times this week that housing this little girl for the past 9 months qualifies me to celebrate this year.

First, on Friday I was surprised to find these beautiful flowers sitting on my desk from a very thoughtful coworker. (Yep, those are real lemons!) Then yesterday another friend treated me to a Mother's Day tea service in the city. We indulged in scones and finger sandwiches before ending the meal with a delicious strawberry shortcake and lemon madelines. Even my yoga instructor had a present for me after class: a super soft plush puppy dog (which to Matt's delight resembles a golden retriever) and a teeny-tiny summer jumper (with matching bloomers) for a special occasion. To top it all off, today Matt made me a delicious Mother's Day breakfast.

All in all a great first Mother's Day!!
-a
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment