Monday, September 5, 2011

Achievements

This weekend has a been a good one! Three fairly eventful things happened. Yesterday, Emily and I played catch with her small basketball. After a little coaching, she figured out how to keep her hands open and out. Standing about 3 feet away from me, she succesfully caught the basketball three times when I threw it to her. I was very proud of her. We tried for a repeat today, but to no luck.

Emily loves books. She walks over to her basket of books and pulls each one out until she finds the one she wants. Then she walks it over to me. I sit cross-legged and I've been patting my leg to get her to come over and sit with me. Up until yesterday, she would stand in front of me and I'd pick her up, rotate her around and sit her down in my lap. Sometimes she pats my leg if I'm not paying attention to her and she wants to sit. Yesterday we successfully taught her how to back up and sit her self down in our laps. It's very cute and it also made me very proud of her.

We've been practicing her animal sounds. She's very good at picking up on animal names and pointing to them in books if you ask her where they are. Over the past month, she's figured out the noise a dog makes (high pitched-bark), she growls when we ask what noise a bear makes, and she purses her lips together and blows to make an elephant noise. As of today, she can now moo like a cow.

-M

No comments:

Post a Comment