Thursday, July 15, 2010

The Inevitable...

Well it happened. I've been expecting this since Emily was born, just hoping it would take a little longer. Last weekend Matt and I were changing Emily and as we finished up I said, "Dad, I'm going to take a shower. Cool?" And Matt said yep before I even realized what I'd done. I called him Dad. Not in the context of speaking for Emily (as in "Daddy can you hold me?" or Daddy, what should I wear today?") But I called him Dad, as in my dad. Oy vey.

The other "inevitable" is that Emily's slowly rubbing out the hair all across the back of her head. She's now constantly looking from side to side in her crib, as though she might miss some big event if she doesn't scan from left to right and back every 2 seconds. Silly girl!

1 comment:

  1. Calling Matt "Dad" still doesn't seem as bad as calling Mr. Redmond "Mom" in class :-P

    ReplyDelete