Monday, June 14, 2010

time for ice cream

As little Emily contently lays by my side on our bed, just watching me sit, type and eat a popsicle, I'm really thinking that Amy and I are pretty lucky. Besides the occasional outburst that usually means Emily is hungry or trying go to the bathroom, she's generally a very happy baby who loves to watch her Mom walk around and enjoys listening to her Dad sing goofy songs. So far. Knock on wood.

Grandma Peterson is here this week and has made it possible for Amy and I to enjoy some downtime. On, Sunday, we braved the heat and walked a mile to Mitchell's Ice Cream Parlor on Valencia. I'd never been before and now wonder how I could've avoided such an amazing place for the past 9.5 years. My scoop of sweet coconut ice cream had bite-size chunks of coconut! Delicious. Amy opted for the Praline ice cream and the couple bites I stole reminded me of the candied pecan treats we'd get in Louisiana.

Another funny Emily anecdote - she's starting to fake sneezes. She'll have a fit of several sneezes at once and then add another of her yelling for good measure.

Uh oh. She's making zombie eyes (rolling into the back of her head). Time to put her to bed. She's still fighting her cold, after all.

-M

No comments:

Post a Comment